Monday, April 24, 2017

How to How-to #6 - Zig-Zag Braid video!

The zig-zag braid is in many ways the braid that started it all, so it seems appropriate to finish with it. I had done fancy hairstyles in Ambriel's hair prior to it and posted pictures of them on Facebook, but it was the zig-zag braid that earned me the reputation of being a braiding expert. It's the one I do in the hair of other people's kids when they beg me to do their hair like my daughter's. I have more pictures of it than any other. The funny thing is, I started doing it because I found a single, straight-down-the-middle, French braid difficult to do and kind of ugly, but I didn't want to always have to do pig-tail French braids, so I tried this. If I had been better at regular French braids, I might never have branched out into more complex ones!

As for the video, I am generally very pleased with this one. I did try to have a "Please Subscribe!" slide at the end of it, but Splice insisted on putting their logo over top of it, and I didn't notice in time to correct it. I could probably have cut a little more just to keep the video shorter, too, but overall I like this one a lot.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment